MASKS VS REALITY

7th July 2017 8 Comments

WOMAN- all dressed up looking gorgeous and radiant .Completely made up.
MAN- dressed smart and looking dashing. Wearing a sexy perfume.  Both of them good to go and head out for an event.

Underneath all of this charade is a woman in pain. Her health is failing but she tries to carry on like all is well. The man has been diagnosed with cancer and is trying to stay strong.

A lot of people are going through one problem / situation or another. From children, to parents, to job issues to basically anything really.

In all of this ,we have to find a way to keep going, keep pushing and just believe that things will get better . Hoping a new cure or treatment would surface. A new job or new means of income.

We mask our true feelings and emotions. We tend to show people what they want to see or hear and in the process, we may end up missing the solution to our problems.

The reality is usually hidden. Very few of us tell the truth of who we really are or what we are going through. We take off the mask only when we are certain there is no one watching and then let out those silent tears ,the sadness, loneliness, heartbreak.
It is time to take off those masks .Open up and allow yourself learn to heal, love yourself more because no one will love you like you.

I once had my mask on. I went through a lot of pain and stress. I pretended all was well when everything was falling apart. It got to a point I thought I wouldn’t be able to carry on, but I found a way. I turned back to the one person who has always had my back . God……
It has not been an easy ride and I am still a work in progress, but I am definitely a better person and  happier person.
I no longer have a mask on and I am sparkling all the way.

Do not allow anything or anyone stop your Sparkle..

Sisi Alero

Sisi Alero

All posts

8 Comments

• victoria ibe 7th July 2017 at 3:04 PM

Very true you are very on point. Trust in the Lord and carry on.

• Timi Omatsola 7th July 2017 at 3:36 PM

You could not have said it any better. The truth is, everyone is going through one issue or the other. Let's learn to be thankful to God for life and progress no matter how little.

• ISparkle 7th July 2017 at 4:16 PM

Precisely… I know it's easier to advise, but we just have to trust in the Lord and carry on really and truly.

• ISparkle 7th July 2017 at 4:18 PM

Definitely Timi.
    We have to just stay thankful for being alive and keep our heads up. God's got our backs if only we can learn to truly trust Him and lean on Him.

• omon aigbe 8th July 2017 at 5:16 AM

Everyone has something inside of them eating them up silently but have to put on a brave face out there to cover up all the situations. God is always there for us to take our burdens to because him alone can solve all our problems because he is the author and finisher of our faith.

• Sisi Alero 8th July 2017 at 8:09 AM

Thank you Omo. This is so true and sad really. May our heavenly Father continue to show up for us in Jesus name. Amen

• Elizabeth John 11th July 2017 at 3:04 PM

Lovely write up dear…I think the term "what would others say" is what actually kills us the most. However, we live in such a judgemental world. its only God's grace that will see us through. Amen

• ISparkle 11th July 2017 at 8:11 PM

This is so true
    Thanks for your lovely comment Elizabeth dear x